Published On:
, , | by Ayaan Maqsood

Revenue Officials call off strike, to resume work from Wednesday

KN DESK; 21, May 2013: After remaining on strike for 43 days, revenue officials (Patwaris) Tuesday called off strike after Government accepted their demands including the disparity in pay.

“We have decided to call off the strike and all the patwaris would resume their work from Wednesday,” a delegation of Patwar Association headed by its President told KNS on Tuesday.

They said that all the patwaris have been requested to resume their work from Wednesday. The Association said that the revenue officials would work in double shift to clear the back log.

“We had been on strike for 43 days and obviously there would be huge backlog of work. But we will make it sure that all the patwaris would not work on routine but also clear the backlog in overtime,” he said.

The Association appreciated the role of trade union leaders including Abdul Qayoom Wani, Mohammad Khursheed Aalam, Muntazir Mohi ud din and others for their ‘support’ to their cause. They also hailed the role of media.

Earlier State Government had on Monday accepted their demands and appealed them to cal off the strike. “Government has accepted their demands, and they must now call off their strike,” Revenue Minster Aijaz Ahmad Khan had told KNS on Monday. (KNS)

About the Author

Ayaan Maqsood - Correspondent Kashmir Informer.

Related News

No comments:

Leave a comment

Add Comment here

    E-paper

    E-paper